Tuesday, April 26, 2011

THE ENTRY WAY IS FINALLY FINISHED!

Over a year ago, we did some remodeling on our entry way; and I've been looking for the perfect little table every since. I finally found it a couple of a weeks ago. I wanted something kind of rustic, just the right size with patina.

It needed to hold the perfect little alabaster lamp that my friend, Susan, gave me for my birthday last year. I never found the perfect shade for the lamp, so I covered one with a herringbone wool fabric.

I don't have any idea the age of the table, but it is put together with square nails.

The frame for the mirror came cheap from a garage sale several years ago.


At last, the entryway has come together!


I'm joining the following parties:

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays

The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursday


I'm headed out for a wonderful very long weekend with a bunch of great women. When I was a Freshman & Sophomore in high school, I went to a girl's boarding school where I met these wonderful girls. We lived together, went to school together, and raised each other during those early, trying teenage years. Even though I didn't graduate with them (I returned to my hometown high school), they have always included me in their reunions. There is just something special about friends you've known for 60 years that you became acquainted with under those circumstances. So, we are headed off to celebrate in the Land of Enchantment at a very posh hotel in Santa Fe for 5 days. Hopefully, I'll return with some great pictures of the wonderful southwest architecture and culture, plus more memories of great friends.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally! Oh, what a wonderful little table you've found! Love the curves of the little bonnet part! Your lampshade looks great too!
Oh, have a wonderful trip. We lived in Roswell for 10 years while our children were growing up. We just love New Mexico! Have a great time with your friends.
be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Marilyn said...

Great table. None of our houses have ever had a nice entry. It doesn't really bother me, though.

Last summer Sarah and I went to Santa Fe and Taos. I was actually a bit afraid to leave home by myself to go on a trip, but we had the best time! Enjoy your stay. ♥♫

lvroftiques said...

Sally your new (old) table is a beauty! I have a similar one from the 1840's. The little alabaster lamp is wonderful too! You have such lovely taste. Have a great get together! Vanna

Picket said...

Hey girl...that table is a beautiful treasure...and the lamp is perfect...hope you have a fantastic trip and lots of fun with your friends...Picket

Alana in Canada said...

Beautiful table--perfect with your mirror and lamp. Just lovely.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Your entry is just beautiful! That table is a wonderful find. And of course I've always loved those dishes!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sally your entry table is beautiful!! It really is just perfect for that area!

Hey you are coming down my way! You girls could just stop by on the way back for a spot of tea!

Did you have snow when you woke up this morning there? Bill took out the steam radiator from the front room so we cannot use the boiler- am glad it wasn't a huge dump or real cold so that we would be in a bind without heat!

Have a great time this weekend!!

bee blessed
mary

PAT said...

Your entryway turned out beautifully Sally! I love that little alabaster lamp. The fabric for the shade is perfect.

Elaine said...

The entry looks great! And I love that table.

Have fun at with the girls!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I love that table! Your trip with the "girls" looks like such fun! laurie