Wednesday, February 22, 2012

MORE A.M. BROWN TRANSFERWARE

Last week, I posted about my love affair with Aesthetic Movement brown transferware.  That post may be viewed here, if desired.  Continuing on with some more of my collection----
Below is a collage of a couple of pieces of Copeland transferware.  The piece on the upper left is a pedestal dish, and the one on the right is a soup bowl.  They have the same intricate border, but the inner transfers are different.  Just this past weekend at an antique mall in Denver, I saw another piece in this pattern with yet a third inner decoration.  It was $23 for a 5" plate, which is more than I like to pay for a little plate, so I walked away.   Regrets????  Maybe a little!!!
I've included this little bowl to show you one of the different shades of brown that was manufactured.
I would love to find more of this pattern called 'Stag' - it has it all:  Nature, 'Cookies', and great geometric patterns.  If you look at the top image of the collage, you will see the imperfection during the application of the transfer.
This cute little tureen must have been made for sauces, as it is only about 6" in size - pretty florals and details on the three handles.
It is really the details of the Aesthetic Movement that hold my attention.  Check out the pictures below for some of that amazing detail.





And, where do I keep all of this yummy deliciousness.  I have two plate racks.  This one is in the living room.
And, this one is in the dining room.
Plus, I have some bowls sitting around to just enjoy.  The rest of my collection is hidden away waiting for their time to come out and shine.  When they do, I'll continue this series. 

I'll be joining the following parties.  Please check these blogs out for lots of inspiration and to thank them for hosting.
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
White Ironstone Cottage for Treasure Chest Friday
2805 for Potpourri Friday

10 comments:

lvroftiques said...

Sally I'm sooo envious! (I know it's wrong but I've gotta call a duck a duck not a cute-n-quacky *winks* I adore brown transferware! And you have a BIG collection. How long have you been collecting it? You've also displayed it so beautifully! As you do pretty much everything *winks*

And how cool that you saw both versions of the coronation of Josephine! The one at Versailles was also started by Jaques-Louis David, and supposedly the only difference is that Napoleon's favorite sister's dress is done in pink!...I have to go check on both versions to check that one out *winks* Vanna

Sue @Rue-Mouffetard said...

Hi Sally....hope this finds you well out there in Co....
have you had alot of snow??....it was 72 here today...but tornados are expected tonight...
You know I love your transferware...you have the best stuff...

Curtains in My Tree said...

I love my brown and white transferware more every time I see a post like yours. seems several ladies are showing off their brown transferware.
anyway I found a little quail cup at a resale shop last fall and am the pround owner of it now. It was the only piece setting there I had never seen a quail on any dishes so new it must be special. It has the same Furnicals 1913 on the bottom

Sarah said...

Your collection of brown is glorious. I have a tea pot in the Furnivals Quail and a few pieces of Tonquin by Clarace Cliff. I'm always on the watch for more brown pieces. ;-)

Jane said...

Wow! You have an absolutely beautiful collection of transfer ware and you have displayed it beautifully. I enjoyed learning more about the pieces.
Jane

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Hi Sally,

I saw your post last week but didn't get a chance to comment. Your collection of Aesthetic Movement pieces is beautiful! I am drawn to those pieces as well, As a dealer it is sometimes hard to let some of them go! lol There are so many beautiful designs of that period.
I'm sure you already know this, but the Copeland pieces you show in your first photo are the Cairo pattern. I have the same comppote and a few other pieces. I think some are marked with the pattern name, but not all.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful collection!

Nancy

The Charm of Home said...

How gorgeous is this! I love your collection! Thank you for showing it off. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Honey at 2805 said...

You are featured today at Potpourri Friday at 2805!

DIYbyDesign said...

You have the most beautiful brown transferware. Just a gorgeous collection. I found you featured on another blog and had to stop by to compliment you on this.

The Tablescaper said...

What an amazing collection. Just gorgeous!

- The Tablescaper