Tuesday, May 29, 2012

INDUSTRIAL CART!!

We've been looking for an industrial cart for awhile to use on our screened-in back porch as a coffee table.  But, we knew that we would NOT be paying $1200.00 for one like we saw a couple of weeks ago at an antique mall in Colorado Springs.

I was excited when Bob came home from a local yard sale with this one -- it's not as fancy as the $1200.00 one; but still a pretty neat specimen.  AND, IT ONLY COST $20.00 - YES, TWENTY DOLLARS!
It has big, heavy industrial wheels and was manufactured by the Nutting Truck and Caster Company in Faribault, Minnesota.
It also has the two brackets for placement of poles for guidance.
There is evidence of both blue and green paint from sometime in its past.  The yard sale person thought that it had been used in a creamery.
It's now retired and its only job is to hold my begonias and to satisfy my urge for some industrial chic.  Love it!!

I'll be joining the following parties this week.  Please go by these blogs and thank them for hosting such fun parties each week.
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Miss Mustard Seed for Furniture Feature Friday
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Southern Hospitality for Thrifty Treasures Monday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday Treasures
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

29 comments:

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Now that is a steal for $20.00. Love it!

andrea@townandprairie said...

Great score! My husband and I have been in ka-hoots making one. ;) They ARE too expensive.

Olive said...

What a fabulous find. The patina is amazing. I love it.

Marilyn said...

I could use one of those to haul lots of stuff in the garden. I'm finding that some things seem to be bigger and heavier this summer! That looks so cool for a table, though.♥♫

Anonymous said...

Wow Sally what a great find!!! Isn't it fantantic that our hubbies are always on the lookout for things we want! Bill is always bring things home- latest was a tub for my bee's to get water from out at the land.

I'm up to busy still!- Finally planted my 25 lavender plants yesterday at the land- Bill went out to fill the water tank later in the day and the bull snake I had taken out there last year was cooling himself off in one of the plant wells! Glad to know he is still there and keeping those nasty rattlesnakes away!

Work at the Antique Store tomorrow then this weekend is Rodeo Bible Camp - I help with the cooking and Bill is a team leader. Seems like there is always lots going on ! Oh! An exciting thing happening is that I started a Bible Study with 2 other ladies- God is already doing some awesome things in all our lives through this!Yippee Jesus!!

bee blessed
mary

Elaine said...

I absolutely love this. Great find by your husband. So industrial chic! It rivals the ones in the Restoration Hardware catalog.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Wow, what a fabulous find. I love it! I would love to find a treasure like that. I have a blog party, Share Your Cup Thursday. I would love if you shared this.
Hugs,
Jann

chateau chic said...

That cart has to be the most fabulous find from a yard sale ever!! LOVE it!
Mary Alice

Unknown said...

Love, love the cart. $20.00, get the heck out!! Good for you guys.
Just gotta love a yard sale.
Michele

Homeroad said...

Wow! Score of the century! Love it !
Susan
Homeroad.net

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wow, what a steal!! It looks great. Lucky you.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a fabulous find. Love the flowers and the price is unreal. Hugs, Marty

Michele said...

Well done on finding such a great score for $20.00. You may be the source of a lot of green-eyed jealousy over such a find.

Unknown said...

That is an Awesome cart! Don't you love it when you find something you have been wanting AND at a great price?

Pam Kessler said...

That is one amazing price. I am so jealous!

Helen and her Daughters said...

I have been wanting one of those for a long time but like you am not willing to pay the big bucks. Can't believe you got that for $20, what luck! It's gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Oh, this is a great piece, Sally! I don't think I've ever seen a little one like this! Now I'm in total love with your gorgeous copper pot! The entire area looks wonderful.
Yep, that's truly a Note Song! :)
Be a sweetie
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Sally! I can't believe it! I thought I was following your blog and I wasn't! Well, I fixed it!
Continue being sweet,
Shelia ;)

Brenda said...

Lucky you! A great piece for a great price!!
It looks great!

www.cottage4c.com

Karen Lakis said...

Love it! what a perfect coffee table!

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Lucky you! Love the cart...and being a MN girl, I like that too :) Laurel

Unknown said...

what a great buy, wish i could find one i love them!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Wow! Lucky you for only 20 dollars! I would love to have one of those carts!

Brandy~GreyLaneHome said...

This is a great find. I can't believe the price.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi Sally, oh my gosh I absolutely love this... it is incredible. Would love to have one like this for the shop.
hugs ~lynne~

Mrs. Jones from the Circus said...

Great find... Incredible price!!!!!!

Carolyn said...

I'm so jealous! What a great find.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

WOW...what an awesome deal you got here..LOVE it!! If I could get one for that price, it would so come home with me.

Blessings,
Linda

jack said...

Great score! My husband and I have been in ka-hoots making one. ;) They ARE too expensive.
air sanitizer