Thursday, January 24, 2013

WICKER INDOORS?

I've been enamored with wicker for years.  Consequently, we have wicker on both our front porch and our screened-in porch.
Lately, however, I've been thinking about a wicker chair for inside.  The search began -- since I really didn't need it, I set my sights high on natural wicker in EXCELLENT condition thinking I would never find one to my liking.  Also, I wanted one with some sort of skirt on all four sides.
A couple of days after Christmas, we were killing time looking through the local antique shops; and I spied it.  Even though the skirt was short, it did go around on all four sides. The price was right, so home it came.  It didn't have a cushion so that was my project for this week.
I chose a black corduroy upholstery fabric from Hobby Lobby with a plaid cording.  I wanted to keep the cushion cost under $10.
I'm pleased -- something a little different for us.  Our house is getting more casual in our old age!

LINKING TO THE FOLLOWING:
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
Miss Mustard Seed for Furniture Feature Friday
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
Creative Cain Cabin for Budget Decorating Party Tuesday
Cozy Little House for Tweak It Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
The Vintage Farmhouse for Creative Things Thursday
From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

14 comments:

Sue said...

I love that cushion!!....the plaid piping is great with the black...I have always loved wicker but I went with the twig stuff and now I can't use it i the new house...it's just sitting in the basement....

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Great chair and love the piping on the cushion....I enjoy comfort more and more with each passing year!

Lisa Lewis Koster said...

So glad you found what you were looking for - it looks great!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Great find! I love wicker, too and have been adding pieces a few at a time. Yours looks just perfect!
Hugs,
Patti

Sue said...

I love wicker inside a home, Sally! There is a company whose things we always stop and see when we are at the furniture market- I want to use a sofa and chair in our media room. Just need to make up my mind. lol. Your chair looks to be in very good shape and your cushion turned out very nice. I like the contrasting cording.:-)

Mary said...

I LOVE that cushion! The plaid piping is perfect. The pillow is amazing too~

Stacey said...

Looks great! The cushion is adorable. We have a similar chair in one of the bedrooms. It's just the perfect size.

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Isn't it nice to finally relax about style and just enjoy? The chair looks like it'll make a fine addition your place. Glad you were able to find it so quickly!
Liz

Debra@CommonGround said...

I'm a wicker nut! I always love it paired with something unexpected like your great cushion and piping! really a great look!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sally, I have loved wicker since I was a teenager. Your chair has great style and I love your choices for the cushion. You can never go wrong with plaid piping. Great job!
hugs,
Jann

County Line Road said...

Sally,
These wicker chairs and cushions are to die for. I LOVE them!
Bests,
Kim

The Tablescaper said...

Great job. I love the tartan piping.

- The Tablescaper

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Love the cushion and piping! Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your cushion turned out beautifully and I'm guessing you made the fun pillow, too. Well done!

Visiting from Tweak it Tuesday.