Wednesday, March 8, 2017

OOEY, GOOEY, CHOCOLATE AND NUTS!

Occasionally, I want something ooey and gooey, with chocolate and nuts.  This dessert fills that bill.  The trouble is that you need an occasion to share it.  For obvious reasons, Bob and I shouldn't eat the whole thing by ourselves.
It was my turn to host my Wednesday morning coffee group this week, so I figured I had my opportunity.
It's not your usual morning coffee accompaniment, so I also served cheese, crackers, and fruit in case this was too rich for morning consumption.
My friends didn't let me down --- they made a good dent in the dish but leaving enough for Bob and I to have a piece after dinner tonight.

I've had this recipe for years.  By the way, this dessert is aptly named "Pig Feast"!

2 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup flour, 1 cup chopped nuts --- Mix well, pack into buttered 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Cool.

1 cup powdered sugar, 1 cup cool-whip, 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened --- Combine and spread over cooled crust.

1 5oz. package instant vanilla pudding, 1 5oz. package instant chocolate pudding, 3 cups milk --- Mix together and let stand until firm.  Spread on top of cream cheese layer.

Spread 1 cup cool-whip on top.  Sprinkle a crushed Hershey bar and more nuts over top.  Refrigerate, enjoy, and forget about the calories!!!

I'm joining the following:
Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday
Rattlebridge Farm for Foodie Friday

1 comment:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Uh oh! I would be in big trouble with this dessert in the house. It's the sort of thing I nibble at until it's gone. I'm sure your ladies loved it.