Monday, September 4, 2017

ANNA PETERS CHINA, MY MOTHER, AND OUR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

This post is all over the place, but connected in a way!  Bear with me as I ramble ----
My mother had a green thumb and loved her rose garden.  She, also, was fond of anything with roses on it especially china.  This plate was one of her favorites and hung on the dining room wall when I was growing up.
 It was painted by Anna Peters, who had a china painting studio in Denver at the turn of the 20th century.  About 40 years ago, I started looking for more Anna Peters china when we were out antiquing.  In about 1976, I found two smaller plates painted by Ms. Peters and gave them to my mother for Mother's Day that year.  Over the years, I have acquired nine more pieces of the Peters' china which I found mostly in the Denver area.  My mother passed away before I could give her any more of these beautiful rose dishes.
To celebrate my Mother's birth date and our wedding anniversary this week, I grouped the Peters' dishes in our dining room plate rack.

And, now our 59th wedding anniversary ----
The time has passed unbelievably fast.  Who are those teenagers in this 1958 photo?
The picture was taken on our wedding day in my parent's dining room, where we held the reception for 300 people.  My parent's house was big; the day was a beautiful September day; so the reception flowed out into my folk's lovely backyard.  But, 300 people --- my mother was a saint!!  Her 39th birthday was the day before our wedding day.
If you look at the picture of Bob and I, you can spot my mother's favorite rose plate hanging on the wall.

My mother and dad gave us a beautiful wedding to share with friends and families.  The flowers were beautiful ----
The cake was perfect ---- 

The whole day was special!
The perfect start to a wonderful 59-year (and counting) marriage.

I'm joining the following:
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday


7 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

The best of memories. Thank you for sharing such a lovely time in your life, your wedding and your Mom's love of roses.
Joy

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Well, these are just the loveliest photos! You plainly had wonderful parents and a wonderful wedding day. And such a sweet way to remember your Mother. I love the way you display your special plate collection. Congratulations on your anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Oh, happy anniversary, dear Sally! What lovely pictures of your wedding too. Your mother's rose plate is so pretty and you've got a nice collection of them too. My mother's neighbor was a wonderful china painter and now I have the few she gave to her. I hope you've had a nice Labor Day and celebrated your anniversary in grand style. Thank you so much for popping in to see me and the encouragement I need to 'do' this cute house!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sally, love your darling wedding pictures! You do look like babes. :) The painted plates are gorgeous! Love seeing it on the wall in the photo. I have a few hand painted rose plates. Does she sign her name on the back? Just curious how you know they are painted by her. Doubt any of mine are, but I'm going to check. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Leslie said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love your photos. Your china is beautiful!

The Charm of Home said...

Happy anniversary! It looks like a perfect union for sure! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally! I'm black to thank you for your sweet comments on my recent priorities! :) Hope you're having a great week and are ready for fall.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)