Tuesday, January 16, 2018

I WILL NOT DESTROY!!

I continue to work on organizing the family photos dating from the 1800s to the present.

There are pictures of people and places that I can't be sure who or where they are!

Guess I'll just take a clue from my Great-Grandmother who passed away in 1951.  I found this envelope with a receipt for land payment in her belongings.


No, I can't destroy old photos ---- 

I just file them away for my descendants to process with a note saying, "I did the best I could!"

  Do you just turn a blind eye, throw them away, and never think of them again?  Oh, how I wish I could do that, but Great-Grandmother Evelyn left me a note!

I'm joining Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday.

3 comments:

Jan said...

I know what you mean. My grandmother didn't leave a note saying not to destroy her old papers-but even so, I felt guilty when I threw them away!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I'm with you Sally. Old photos are too priceless to toss in my book. I wish we had many more! I have very few photos of me as a child. My dad passed when I was 9 months old and mom didn't take many photos. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Roosterhead Designs said...

I have been perusing thru your last several posts and though I haven't made comments; for quite some time (in blog-land) that is starting to change a little bit : ) and I had to chime in~
I love old family relics, photo's and papers. My (late) M-I-L made an album for us with much family history - like land deeds! : ), marriage certificates and old photos.
It is precious to me and I will had this down to my daughter and family~
Thanks for sharing Sally. - Hugs & take care, karen o