Wednesday, April 4, 2018

JUST A TOUCH OF SPRING

Contrary to the whole universe, I don't look forward to Spring.  I'm just never quite through with my hibernating in Winter when Spring is upon us!

But, Jann at Have a Daily Cup always is in a Spring gardening mood and showed us her collection of seed boxes.  And, each year I dream of owning an antique box with their wonderful graphics like hers! 
Jann shared this image on her blog, Have a Daily Cup

 I've never found one to purchase that I can afford.  So ----
I found a wooden box and decoupaged some images of the farm products grown in the hometown of my youth.

My mother worked at Burrell Seeds in the 1940s, and I still remember the smell of the seeds stored in her office. 

Thanks, Jann, for reminding me to bring out my faux seed box and the fond memories of my mother at work! 

2 comments:

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I love this! Jann sent me over to your blog because I told her that I have some old wooden boxes and I am going to try to replicate her vintage seed box :) You did a great job!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sally, you cute thing you! I visited last week and thought I left a comment on my phone, but obviously I didn't save it. :) I love how your box turned out. You did a fabulous job! Thanks for the shout out sweet friend and thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs.
Jann