Sheila at Note Songs, in all of her diva-ness has bestowed upon me this award. I'm truly honored, Sheila, to accept this from you. You were the very first commenter on my very first post!!! Thank you for being such a faithful blogging sister!
Brettinsky at The Hostess with the Mostess has also given me this award. She is a young blogger with amazing organizational skills. Check out her blog for some great tips.
Along with the award came the tag to list six things I value and six things that I don't value. So here goes:
Things I value:
1. My relationship with God.
2. My family - 50 wonderful years of marriage to Bob with 2 great all grown up kids, Mike and Jenni, and of course, 2 of the most adorable grand kids in this universe, Caitlin and Wyatt.
3. My home.
4. Education and a thirst for knowledge.
5. Is it o.k. to value my dishes?? To me, they are a symbol of hospitality to others and a link to my ancestors.
6. The opportunities provided by this country and our freedom.
Things I don't value:
1. Abuse to anyone or anything in any manner.
2. People that are so wrapped up in themselves that you can't get a word in a conversation.
3. Brussel sprouts
4. Constantly whiny and grouchy people - at least pretend to be happy for the sake of others. Solve your problems and get on with it!
5. The current political climate - Didn't the candidates learn in kindergarten to work together to solve problems and that it wasn't nice to say nasty things about someone else????
6. Did I mention Brussel sprouts?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I'm making potholders again from the paper pieced patterns of Irene Berry, an editor at Quilter's Newsletter Magazine.
This time they are for the birthday of my bird-watching friend, Jan.
First, a blue bird!