Saturday, December 13, 2014

FROSTY FRUIT

 Every year about two weeks before Christmas, I make this Frosty Fruit recipe.  It's great to have in the freezer to pull out during this busy season when you want a "not-so-sweet treat".  My family likes it as a side dish, a dessert, a snack, or even for breakfast.
Here's the easy and fast recipe:

FROSTY FRUIT

1 12 oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 12 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 16 oz. package frozen strawberries, thawed
1 40 oz. can crushed pineapple with juice
6 bananas, chopped
5 cups water
Mix well in large bowl, and set in freezer until slushy.
Pour into 9 oz. plastic cups and cover with plastic wrap.  Freeze solid.
Partially thaw (slushy and fruit still frozen) before serving.  Makes about 20 cups.
P.S.:  Gift giving spanning the generations -- that adorable Santa in the background was made by my grand daughter when she was in pre-school 15 years ago; and the pedestal wooden stand was made by my father in his high school wood-shop class 84 years ago as a gift to his mother.

I'm joining the following:

Art and Sand for a Sweet and Simple Christmas
Be Different and Act Normal for Show and Tell Saturdays
Boogie Board Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday
Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at our Home
Coastal Charm for Show and Share Tuesday
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday

8 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What wonderful treasures from your family. I have to ask you- Don't the bananas get mushy as they thaw? xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Love the little bits of history behind the cake stand and Santa Sally!
Pray you all have a lovely Christmas! Miss you!

bee blessed
mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally! Oh, this sounds good and I always love seeing your olden things and you always tell us the stories behind them! Hope you're doing well.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Art and Sand said...

The recipe sounds delicious!

A Romantic Porch said...

MMMMmmmmMMMM!!! That sounds delicious. My family LOVES treats like this. I will make this for the holidays, maybe even a summer treat for the hot days later on! Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Love, Rachel

A Romantic Porch said...

I am pinning this to pinterest on my frozen treat board!! LOVE it.

Elaine said...

Mmm. That sounds delicious. Great idea for breakfast and healthy too.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I make a similar fruit Sally, but mine isn't frozen. There are a few variations so I am going to try yours for a change. I know I will love it as well!
hugs,
Jann