Monday, June 11, 2018

SUMMER ACTIVITY

I've spent so much time on the computer the last couple of weeks that writing a blog post hasn't been in the plan.  The reason ----
1958
We're going to be celebrating our 60th wedding anniversary in September with a hoopla/celebration/reception.  I'm trying to get a start on some details, so that I won't be overwhelmed at the time.  Therefore, I have been sorting through 1000s of photos from the last 80 years to prepare a power-point presentation of our life.
1939

1939

My goal ---- I need to keep it under 10 minutes to then recirculate in a background location.  I don't want the presentation to be out there in your face, as it will probably only be of interest to close family. 
                     
                                  
There are cute pictures of babies, but also a few sad pictures.




2006

1968

1996

2002

And, there are photos that just tell the story of our wonderful, blessed life.
1975

1961
 

1986

Back to the computer grind; I'm almost through with this detail!
2018

Next up, I must finish four quilting projects (one donation quilt and three baby gifts), in order to clear my schedule for August and the first part of September.

However, I mustn't forget to look outside and enjoy our 
blooming roses ----

I'm joining Jann Olson at Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday.  Stop by and enjoy her fun, entertaining blog.

2 comments:

srpprcrftr said...

Congratulations on 60 yrs. You two must have been quite young as you were both born in 1939 (your photos at beginning)? I was born in July 1940. Mr.Furry and I will celebrate 50 yrs. in late November as we were married to others before each other. I had 3 young kids when we married and we had a daughter.
Love your wedding photo, both so young and ready for lives together. Your wedding gown is gorgeous. Your happiness shows so brightly.

Happy Summer,don't overdo it getting ready for your anniversary.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Congrats on 60 years!! That is awesome. Love the photos you shared - I hope you are enjoying the walk down memory lane!