Friday, May 18, 2018

I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF -------

two of my favorite things:
quilts -----
"PARK LANE VISTA", 1992
and brown transferware ----
and together, they really 
 'trip my trigger'!!
TABLE RUNNER: "DA GAMA", 2016; ASSORTED TRANSFERWARE PLATTERS
QUILT: "CACTUS FLOWER", 2017; WASH BOWL: BENEDICK PATTERN, c.1880s
Salmagundi
TABLE RUNNER: "CRAZY QUILT", 2016; ASSORTED PLATTERS, c. 1880s
QUILT: "FLYING GEESE", 2016; SOUP TUREEN AND PLATTER:
 ROSALINE PATTERN; ASSORTED SOUP BOWLS, 19TH CENTURY
QUILT: "SUNDAY DRIVE", 1995; PITCHER AND BOWL:
 SYLVAN PATTERN. c. 1885
QUILT: "CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRIES, 2000;
CHAMBER POT: UNMARKED, c.1880s
QUILT: 9-PATCH TABLE RUNNER; BOTTOM PLATE: GRINDLEY, 1880s; SALAD PLATE: MIGNON,
 19th CENTURY; CUP AND SAUCER: CLARICE CLIFF, 20th CENTURY


ASSORTED QUILTED TABLE RUNNERS; ASSORTED 19th CENTURY TRANSFERFARE
QUILT: "GOING WEST-LOG CABIN", 2017;
 PLATES: PERAK, 1880s; BONE DISH: SYLVAN, 1885


If you are interested in more posts on the transferware, click here, here, and here.
For more on my quilts, check out my quilting blog - http://qbits-salmagundi.blogspot.com/

I'm joining the following:
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Pieced Pastimes for Saturday Sparks
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
Cooking Up Quilts for Main Crush Monday
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday
My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday


9 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

We share some of those beautiful china patterns. A great combination with the quilts! I buy less these days, but I still get excited too when I come across a piece of brown transferware. Hope you're having beautiful days! It's lovely here.

sweet violets said...

Those are also my 2 favorite things!! Your collections are wonderful!! I also collect the aesthetic pieces. Thanks for sharing......

R's Rue said...

Love.

Louca por porcelana said...

Wonderful quilts and gorgeous china!!!

PaulaB quilts said...

Thanks for showing the pottery with your Quilts, which are lovely. I also have a brown transferware chamberpot, with lid. It is Essex pattern from Emery in Burslem. It is from my uncle's family, descended from Oliver Hazard Perry, fleet commander in the 1812 war. I also have a few smaller brown pieces, including a covered soap dish with strainer. You've got me excited about them again.

Connie said...

Your transfer ware is beautiful. So many patterns . . . they look delightful mixed together. It's easy to see why your two favorite things are these gorgeous dishes and your charming and beautiful quilts. They both add so much comfort ad charm and certainly turn a house into a home :)
Love your pretty blog.
Connie :)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a wonderful post with such lovely photos! I loved seeing your quilts and also your dishes. I love Transferware and have a few pieces myself; I especially like a combination of pink and brown. My winter dishes are the Friendly Village. Thanks for sharing.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sally, love both your quilts and your transferware! You sure know how to display them. I love how you said they trip your trigger! :) Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sally, just letting you know that you will be featured tomorrow at SYC.
hugs,
Jann