Thursday, October 4, 2012

UNIQUE TOOL BOX AND A TOUCH OF FALL

This is another one of those 'shopping from the garage' posts.  This unique little tool box came from an estate sale a couple of years ago.  It is actually three boxes in one.
 It functions because of this unusual hinge.
 Opening the lid reveals the first box; then that box becomes the lid for the second box; and, finally, the second box becomes the lid for the third box.
 What a treasure -- they just don't make packaging like that anymore!
By the way, this is the only touch of Fall decorating I've done around here this year.  Just lazy, I guess, but I'm sure enjoying the cool weather!

I will be linking up to the following blogs this week for their always entertaining parties.
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
The Vintage Farmhouse for Creative Things Thursday
No Minimalist Here for Thursday Open House Party

9 comments:

lvroftiques said...

Sally you have better decor in your garage than most people have in their houses! *winks* What a wonderful box! And no they don't make them like that anymore. Vanna

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

The tool box makes a wonderful accent for your fall vignette! My husband would be envious of that cool, vintage box! :)

20 North Ora said...

What an interesting box!!

Judy

bj said...

Hi, Sally, so glad you stopped over for a visit.:)

Happy belated birthday to your sweet 16 grandgirl. We are sooo blessed to be grandmothers. I just love it. :))

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi darling, I adore your fall touches on the table. Love the unique tool box, you have the best treasures. You know me vintage wins my heart every time. hugs ~lynne~

Sue said...

the Boss would love this three tiered box....he's always looking for weird stuff like this at the flea market...first night here we can have the windows open...and it's actually cold....love it!! No more high electric bills....Oh and I planted the Poppy seeds in my front yard....can't wait to see if they actually bloom in the Spring...thank you again for sending them...

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

I love that vintage wood box! I would love to have it in my little collection!

Suzy said...

What a cool, cool box! A treasure for sure. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

Unknown said...

Helpfull post! very nice design you show, This blog is very helpfull for everyone. I hope to see more quality design you show in next blog.keep writing up.
Check here for more info
Discover more here
Read full report