Thursday, February 21, 2013

PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN GINGERBREAD

I hadn't made Pineapple Upside-Down Gingerbread in a long time; but decided to yesterday for my Wednesday Morning Coffee Group.
I've had this recipe (see below) for probably about 30 years - it originally came off of a box of Betty Crocker Gingerbread Mix. I still use the Betty Crocker mix, which makes this an easy but special dessert.
We've had snow in Colorado; and it is cold, but the sun is shining.  Just right for a left-over piece of this yumminess.

Pineapple Upside-Down Gingerbread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Melt in the oven 1/4 cup butter in a 9" round pan.  Blend in 1/2 cup brown sugar.  On top of the butter/brown sugar, arrange maraschino cherries, pecan halves and pineapple slices.  Make gingerbread as directed on Betty Crocker package; pour into prepared pan.  Bake 40-45 minutes.  Let cake stand a few minutes before inverting on plate.

I'm linking to the following:
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
Rattlebridge Farm for Foodie Friday
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Primp for Primp Your Stuff Wednesday
Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday

12 comments:

NanaDiana said...

OMGosh- THAT looks SO good! I love gingerbread and pineapple. What a perfect combo- xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally! Oh, I've never heard of this before. Just pineapple upside down cake. It sounds so good and I may have to try this.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Marigene said...

Yummy...I have tried dozens of recipes for gingerbread and I always come back to Betty Crocker!

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Gingerbread upside-down cake!! Oh, man.!! Yum. This was my dad's favorite...I am going to save this recipe. Love it! Thanks!
Karen

Ivy and Elephants said...

I've never tried this before with gingerbread but it looks just scrumptious! Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Hugs,
Patti

srpprcrftr said...

Oh that cake looks so good I can almost taste it. So yummy and pretty easy to make. Been looking for different things to make for dessert lately so this looks like a keeper. Hope I can make it look as good as yours. Can hardly wait. I love gingerbread so this will be super.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

I LOVE pineapple upside down cake but have never heard of this variety. I do like gingerbread so I intend to try this! YUM! :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I havn't made this in years. This looks soooooooooo good. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Linda W. said...

Oh, that looks absolutely yummy!

The Charm of Home said...

This cake is beautiful! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sally, this is a great variation. I have a recipe for Pineapple Upside Down cake but the gingerbread is new to me. Thanks for sharing with SYC. I want to try it.
hugs,
Jann

Susie Q said...

That looks so delicious!I have never had a pineapple upside gingerbread cake but I think I need to try it! Can I come by for a slice? *grin*
Love,
Sue