Saturday, October 11, 2014

CELEBRATING AUTUMN RANDOMNESS

Fall Randomness #1
You know that when I can't think of anything to blog about, I show you a quilt.
I made this quilt top in 2002, which was then machine quilted by Terri Lynn Ballard.  We then donated the quilt to the Colorado Quilting Council to use as a raffle which raised several thousand dollars for the organization.  The quilt is 71" x 95" and contains almost 2000 pieces.  I chose a large variety of gradated fabrics to achieve the "glow" in the center of the quilt.  We named it "Autumn Glow".  It was later published in Quilter's Newsletter Magazine in May 2003. When you make a fundraiser quilt, you always hope the winner enjoys it as much as you enjoyed making it.

Fall Randomness #2
Having just had surgery 10 days ago, I was reminded of another October surgery in my past when I was a young mother.  It was of a much more serious nature, and I was in the hospital for a week.  In those days, they didn't allow children to visit on the surgical floor; so it was a loooooong week.  I'm sure I was much more traumatized by the separation than my two-year old was.  
Is there anything cuter than a squeaky clean two-year-old 
 in their jammies and ready for bed?
Not only did I miss him, but I missed Fall completely during that week.  Due to Montana's fickle weather that year, when I went into the hospital it was summer; and when I came out it was winter.

Fall Randomness #3
These pears were such a beautiful Fall color, I had to take a picture of them.  That's what blogging does to you -- you withhold food from your family until you can get your camera out!

Fall Randomness #4
There's gold in them, there hills!  Colorado mountain gold!


Fall Randomness #5
This mum plant from my mother-in-law's funeral is so beautiful, I just had to show it again.

Autumnal Joy, Everyone!

I'm celebrating my joy with the following:
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday
Confessions of a Plate Addict for The Scoop Tuesday
Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays At Our Home
Coastal Charm for Show and Share Tuesday
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Knick of Time for Knick of Time Vintage Tuesday
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesdays
Green Willow Pond for What We Accomplished Wednesday
Imparting Grace for Grace at Home Thursday
Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday
Nancherrow for Fridays Unfolded
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Pieced Pastimes for Saturday Sparks

5 comments:

Infoholic Research said...

enjoy dude...

bj said...

Oh, Sally, I love your
Autumn Randomness...and I love that photo of your squeeky clean little boy. I look at photos of my kids when they were tiny...and I can't keep from being sad that they aren't little any more...o, I love their ages now, of course...but the best of years of my life were when they were little, under my feet, knowing what they were doing, coming over to give me a kiss and a hug...
tucking them into bed...checking on them during the night...going thru it with grands is another blessing...and now THEY are all grown up...:)
xo bj

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Everything cheery here! Love your beautiful quilt. I need a drive through those aspens, but I don't think it's going to happen this year.

Damjana said...

Sally, I love the color of the pears. They remind me of the hokaido pumpkins - they are plentiful at our place now... Have a lovely day,
Damjana

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I love your randomness Sally. The center of that gorgeous quilt certainly does glow! You named it perfectly. Love the picture of your little guy and being away for a week would be hard as a young mother. The pears look delicious and yes, very photogenic. lol! Beautiful Autumn golds! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann