Some random thoughts about the state of affairs at the Salmagundi House the day after Christmas.
1. Christmas Day is over; my house is a mess!
2. The refrigerator is filled to the brim with leftovers. For some reason, this makes my normally-organized self uneasy! Leftovers are probably a good thing today, however. After spending a ton of money at the grocery store and enduring a 12-hour cooking marathon, I'm not too anxious to return to the kitchen. Let the masses feed themselves!
3. The ornaments on the tree are starting to look dusty! Time to take everything down, pack away until next year, and reclaim the house.
4. Our house revolves on a school-dominated schedule even though we are retired, empty nesters. For the remaining 10 days of vacation, Bob will not be arising at 6:00 am to be ready for a call to go substitute teach. Our single son, the high school science teacher, is visiting for a few days until he's had enough of togetherness and decides to go back to his home and school. And, of course, the grand children are out of school for the next 10 days. When things get boring at home, they will call regularly to see if they can come hang out here with Uncle Mike! I cherish my solitude, so Jan. 5th will be welcomed!!
5. There's talk about a quick day trip out of town to do something fun. Where and when hasn't been decided. I, of course, would love some retail therapy - don't think the men are too thrilled with that. The Colorado weather may be the determining factor.
6. My blog-brain is dead! After all of the wonderful posts by everyone during the month of December, what do we post about in January? Even my camera needs recharged - I took over 500 pictures the month of December!
7. Optimism prevails! We are thankful for our joyous Christmas celebration; but now look forward to the New Year. A new beginning, new experiences; and as usual, drawers and closets to clean and organize. We love this time of the year!
Everything will be back to normal in a few days, I am sure. I'll return then. Hope your Christmas was as great as ours!