Thursday, December 27, 2012

AFTER-CHRISTMAS THOUGHTS

The Christmas season is almost over for another year. 
I'm afraid that all of my Christmas decorations and trees are still up, which is unusual for me.  I'm always ready to take them down the day after Christmas, but haven't begun yet.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll begin the chore before they gather any more dust!
Our son is still here visiting, and the grand kids have been in and out; so I'm still in a semi-cooking mode.  I'm anxious to give the kitchen a break - it needs a good scrubbing to dispose of all of the cookie sprinkles and crumbs.
   Our son goes home tomorrow to prepare for another semester of teaching school, but the grand kids will be out of school for another week.  That means a trip to the city for our annual ice skating excursion, plus several more days of in and out of our house to raid the refrigerator and freezer.  That's a good thing as I don't need to eat any more of those cookies!
I do love this time of year when everything slows down for me giving me time to sew, clean, and organize.
Christmas was good; it's all good as I cherish each day that I'm given!

I seem to be blog-brain dead at the moment, so I'm taking the easy way out by reviewing my most viewed posts for 2012.  

#1 -- The acquisition of our industrial cart - a steal at $20.  View the post here.

#2 -- My first experience with making a penny rug, and now I'm hooked on wool applique.  I'm working on a new project, but it's labor intensive; so won't be finished for another month or so.  For the original post, click here.
#3 -- Finishing up a small renewal of our screened-in porch.  Check it out here.
 #4 -- Colorado Farmstyle Christmas - read about it here.
And #5 -- The renovation of this record cabinet - here.
Hopefully, I'll get my blogging mojo back soon, and will have something new for you to view.  
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I just realized I need to do something about my Christmas header -- another project for tomorrow.

9 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I'm still in Christmas mode here! One more celebration with my best friends this weekend and then down comes Christmas on New Year's Day! Enjoy those Grandkids!
hugs, Linda

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I just love your style! I enjoy your blog so much! Enjoy the weekend ahead!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sally, I love this time of year too! It puts me in the organizing mood. Which is good because hubby and I have decided to have our basement finished. I'll be busy, busy, busy. But at the same time I'll have fun, fun, fun! Love a little look at the past. Oh how I would love a cart like that! Have a wonderful New Year!
Hugs,
Jann

Holly said...

Oh my goodness, you are SO creative! Love the cart that you got and $20 - I LOVE a deal! The record cabinet is awesome too! The Penny Rug is absolutely fabulous! I am an admirer from afar. It's one of those things that I would love to try but know that I wouldn't get it finished.
May your 2013 be full of His richest blessings!

SmilingSally said...

Hi Sally,

I understand how you feel. This year we did not have a tree; it just seemed too much trouble. However, we did decorate the house, and it's all still waiting to be undecorated. (sigh, maybe tomorrow)

Happy New Year!

Jana said...

Happy New Year and a wonderful blog.
Jana

Little Susie Home Maker said...

My goodness that penny rug is gorgeous! Happy New Year to you! I know that I just have wanted to rest my brain since Christmas. Trying to re-energize for the New Year, I think! Funny, I haven't taken my tree down either, but my family loves to have it up for new Years, we put it up around two weeks before Christmas, so that's not too bad. Glad you have had time to enjoy your family!
Blessings,
Susie

Elaine said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday with family. As much as I love Christmas, it is nice to have the quiet days of January here.

I absolutely love that industrial cart and that was a steal for $20. I bought one too this year and mine looks a little different and cost 3 times as much. You did good!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

You got some great projects in this year! Monday is going to feel like the New Year to me when everybody gets back for the first full week of business. Maybe I'll finally know what day of the week it is! haha! I hope the New year is wonderful for you!