Saturday, February 28, 2009

A GREAT BLOGGING EXPERIENCE!!

This past week, I had the absolute best blogging experience ever! I met a blogger in person - an actual in-the-flesh person. Mary Ellen at Mary's Meanderings and I discovered a couple of months ago that we live fairly close here in Colorado, and started talking about getting together sometime. Well, this week we met in what we call our city (it's not very big in reality!) for a fun day of getting to know each other.
Mary obviously had me figured out before hand because she brought me this gift of a gorgeous plate from Bavaria and a package of a bath soak to use after a hard day of thrift shopping.

We arranged to meet at a thrift shop that we were both familiar with, and from there I drove us around town as supposedly I'm more familiar with the city. I went down a one-way street the wrong way just once, but we never really got lost!!

We went to the thrift stores and an antique/junk store, to my favorite bakery, to an estate sale, to a fun little restaurant in the historic district for lunch, and to Hobby Lobby. I was a bad blogger as I didn't even think to take my camera. Check out Mary's blog later as I'm sure she will post some pictures.

Mary is a great shopper, but I also managed to find at the estate sale this blue & white hand-embroidered table cloth in perfect condition for $2.50. Also, I picked up these 4 wooden napkin rings for $1.

Mary is just as warm and caring as she appears on her blog. It was a great day with good shopping, food, and laughs. But the best part of the day was meeting Mary in person!!

Sally

18 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Oh that beautiful tablecloth screams to be presented on Blue Monday. How special to meet and visit with Mary.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What a wonderful time you all must have had.. I can only imagine the visiting going on..and the treasures you found are wonderful..Sally thanks so much for keeping us in your prayers..they mean the world..
hugs ~lynne~

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sally...

Ohhh...it just sounds like you and Mary had the best time ever!!! What a blessing the two of you could get together! I think you're right about Mary knowing you and what you like...that pretty china plate looks soooo you and bath salts to soak in after a hard day of shopping...well, it just doesn't get any better than that!!!

My friend, that blue embroidered tablecloth is gorgeous and for only $2.50...what a deal!!! I can't even begin to imagine the time and talent that went into that pretty tablecloth!

Hope you're having a super Saturday, my friend!
Love ya,
Chari

Jill said...

Oh what fun! I can only guess at what wonderful places you went! Is it in the little town, I used to live in?

Love the tablecloth, what a beauty!
~Jill

imjacobsmom said...

Sounds like great fun! I'll have to visit Mary's blog to check it out! ~ Robyn

Sue said...

gorgeous tablecloth!! How fun to meet fellow bloggers in person...I'll be meeting 19 of them this Monday and I can't wait!! Have a great weekend my friend....

xinex said...

Oh how fun! It must have have been so exciting to meet Mary in person and for both of you to be able to go shopping and antiquing together. That tablecloth is gorgeous!...Christine

santamaker said...

Isn't it great to meet a bloggy friend, feels like you have known them forever! What a deal on your tablecloth! It's beautiful.

Bo said...

Hi Sally...how nice to meet your blogging friend....your day sounded heavenly! That cloth is absolutely the deal of the decade. I'm off to visit Mary's blog.
;-) Bo

lvroftiques said...

Awwww how wonderful!! I've met up IRL with a couple of my online friends and we're still going to lunch once a month 6 yrs later. That Mary Ellen is just the sweetest! And boy howdy did she select a beautiful gift for you! And your tablecloth for $2.50 is wonderful! I know how long it takes to do work like that! What a STEAL! I said it before but I'll say it again here too "You lucky duckys!!" Vanna

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

This just sounds like SO much fun! I'm so glad the two of you got to meet and have such a fun day. And I love that tablecloth! It is exquisite! laurie

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Good morning sweetie, thanks for the early visit and your kind words.. I always enjoy when you stop by.. I hope you have a terrific Monday..(loved the little bit where you drove down a one way street the wrong way) lol
hugs ~lynne~

Rue said...

Hi Sally :)

How fun that you were able to meet a fellow blogger!! It sounds like you two had a great time :)

Love her present to you and all your finds!

hugs,
rue

nikkicrumpet said...

How cool that you got to meet one of your bloggy friends. I wish we could all get together for one HUGE blog party!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dear Sally! Oh, how nice for you to get to meet a blogging friend! I'll bet y'all had a great time. Wasn't it sweet of her to give you the beautiful dish!
Hope you're doing well.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Sally how special this day was for both of you...I would love to meet just one of my blogging buds.almost did last moth when she came to town but I was gone that day..love your table cloth girl..you did great...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Picket said...

How great is that to meet a fellow blogger..I bet y'all had a fantastic time! How sweet of her to give you such beautiful gifts and the tablecloth is gorgeous girl! Glad you had a great day! Hope you are having an even great week!

Susie Q said...

I am so happy that you met a good blog friend! How sweet for the both of you!
It sounds like you had such a wonderful time.

Love,
Sue