Monday, March 24, 2014

PALLET BOARD DESK

I've wanted a new computer desk for a long time - one that was more comfortable for me.  I had been using an old family desk that was small with a narrow knee hole.
However, I didn't want a new custom desk bad enough unless it was free!  Enter pallet boards. 
Bob finally accumulated enough free pallets, and got to work.  When you are retired, your time is always free. 
The top is composed of individual pallet boards with a breadboard edge --
As is the side tower of drawers.
One of its custom features just for me is a slide-out shelf at just the right height and place to rest my elbow that supports my problematic shoulder.
The perfect solution and all for free.

Please check out the following:
Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at our Home
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Cozy Little House for Tweak it Tuesday
Ivy and Elephants for What's it Wednesday
Green Willow Pond for What We Accomplished Wednesday
Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
Miss Mustard Seed for Furniture Feature Friday
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

3 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh wow, I am totally impressed. This looks amazing. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Amazing. Hugs, Marty

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh wow Sally, I would never believe that was made out of pallets! Beautiful job! Love the cocoa cola cooler too! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann