Wednesday, May 19, 2010

SLIM PICKINGS!

It has been pretty slim pickings around here at the yard sales the last couple of weeks. But, I was pleased with what I did find. The blue Windsor Castle plate has an old Johnson Bros. mark, and was $2.00. I paid 50 cents total for both of the etched candle holders - they are quite heavy and appear to be old with nice etching of tulips on all four sides.

I love little, old books especially red ones. The top one is an 1891 dictionary with an inscription to Lewis from a teacher. The bottom book is of mystery short stories from 1927. I paid 25 cents for each book.

Please go by the following link parties to check out the other participants.

Rhoda at Southern Hospitality
for Thrifty Treasures Monday

Linda at Coastal Charm
for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays

Thanks to Rhoda and Linda for hosting these get togethers.

6 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great finds. I love your gorgeous plate and the candlesticks are lovely. Old books are so much fun to decorate with. What a great deal you got on everything. Hugs, Marty

Sue said...

You did good there Miss Sally...love the blue plate and I love old books...hope you had a great weekend!

The Tablescaper said...

Wonderful treasures. The candle stick holders look beautiful and, well, any blue and white plate is a great plate!

- The Tablescaper

Sandy said...

Those etched candlesticks are so nice, the books are cool(love the color, are you going to read them or just decorate with them?).

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Luv those pretty candle sticks and great find with those old books! HAPPY NTT!

Blessings,
Linda

Elaine said...

You got some great buys at the yard sale. I am not finding much at yard sales around here. I do better at antique stores.