Thursday, June 17, 2010

CHAIR TRANSFORMATION

Once again, Bob has been working his magic in the garage. He bought this rocking chair at a yard sale for $5, which was probably too much for its condition. At one time, it had been painted, but must have set outside for years losing its seat in the process.

With a little sanding, glue, stain, finish and a new cane seat; it is now off to the consignment shop and, hopefully, a new owner! It's kind of cute, don't you think?

I'm going to take a blogging break. For a week now I have been trying to recover from what our family calls "The Crud" - you know: the horrendous cough and runny nose disease. I've been to the Dr. today, had a breathing treatment, and loaded up with medicine; and am now ready for a break.

Hope you are enjoying your summer. I'll be back!
Sally

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi,
Hope you'll be breathing easier and healthy soon. Everyone around here just has allergies as more things bloom and grow with all the rain we had last week.

The chair is amazing-your husband is very talented! Thanks so much for sharing the before/after! ♥♫

Susie Q said...

I hope you will be feeling better very soon sweet friend. I think about you so often but have been so bad about blogging! I apologize!
That chair is wonderful! Your handsome husband is such a talent! Looks, brains and can do woodwork too! He is a keeper!!
Hugs and much love,
Sue

PAT said...

I love the chair!!

Hope you are feeling better soon, Sally!

Elaine said...

I think that chair is very cute. Your husband did a great job on it.

I hope you are feeling better and stronger every day.

santamaker said...

Wow, great transformation! Hi Sally!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Looks great Sally...Good to see you back and don't you love having the grand babies...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria