Wednesday, December 14, 2011

INFORMAL CHRISTMAS COFFEE


I had a couple of friends over for a morning coffee/tea -- very informal! It was fun to get out these Debbie Mumm plates and mugs that I use just at Christmas. I bought them several years ago at Target.
There are four different snowmen scenes.
My fixation with plaid this Christmas called for a new tablecloth. I have had my eye on this flannel at JoAnn's for awhile. It is not the usual inexpensive flannel on the racks, but a nice quality. There are some wonderful plaid and houndstooth patterns/colors and sells for $10 a yard; but it has been on sale a couple of times this Fall. I paid $5 a yard for this red plaid.
The flannel washes and dries well, plus it fringes beautifully.
They also had this glen plaid that I used to make a pad for my Jim Shore Santa and sheep.
BTW, that's a great apple and pecan cake we enjoyed with our coffee/tea and conversation. And if that wasn't enough, we then went to our local French restaurant for lunch. It's nice getting older - we get to eat dessert first!
I'm celebrating the season at the following parties. Check them out for a plethora of inspiration.
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
No Minimalist Here for Thursday's Open House
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday

11 comments:

Marigene said...

Cute plates! The tartan is beautiful.

Janette - The2Seasons said...

I love the plaid table cloth and how it works with the dishes.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sally,
This is my first time to visit you.
Enjoyed my visit. I love pretty plaids as well, this one is really pretty and looks great with your snowmen. Very cute plates, and glad you had fun with your friends eating goodies, then going to lunch, can't beat that!
Congratulations on being married 53 years, I love hearing that.........
we just had our 41st anniversary in
November. It is a wonderful thing to see folks that have been married for such a long time. Instills hope, in our culture today.
May you have a very Merry Christmas, Blessings, Nellie

CJ Foss said...

Loving all things plaid this Christmas, don't know why since I never had. Your tartan is the perfect backdrop to you terrific snowmen plates, et. al. Thanks for posting. ~CJ

Alycia Nichols said...

Seriously...you ladies who are able to sew get my vote every time! You are able to create such beautiful things at the drop of a hat! Very nice casual Christmas table that, I am sure, offered "comfort and joy" as the season is touted to do! Have a wonderful day!

Tea in Texas said...

I love the red plaid tablecloth. The fring is pretty and I am glad to know it is easy to make the edging. A trip to Joann's in September was for fall and Halloween fabric but I missed the beautiful plaid. The Snowmen china is wonderful with the plaid. One of my favorite restaurants is Le Madelaine and of course their desserts are so good. Your idea of desserts first is great! Thanks for sharing your post. Merry Christmas and Happy Tablescaping! Pam

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love your pretty plaid -- I sure makes this a festive table.

Tess said...

What a great idea...a Christmas morning coffee party!!! Your table is great. I love those adorable plates. Great job with the tablecloth!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi darling, I love the flannel on your table.. I would love to be a guest of yours... hugs ~lynne~

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally! I like anything Debbie Mumm and these little dishes are so sweet! Love your plaid tabelcloth you made and the fringe!
Yea, I think the New Editor has worked out the kinks and it's going to be easier. You may want to try it!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of eating dessert first Sally!!!

You table is so cute with the plaid cloth and those adorable dishes!

Hospice dinner went great and everyone seemed to have a great time.

Now it's on to getting 500 newsletter ready to mail! I have not bought 1 present. Bill and I decided we are not buying for each other- that makes it easier though I do love buying for others.

Gosh it is cold here tonight -how about for you all?

bee blessed
mary