Tuesday, March 12, 2013

GOODWILL FIND

I'm always on the search for wool garments at the thrift stores to use for various projects.  
Here's my latest Goodwill find.
That's right -- $1.87 for this Pendleton men's jacket.
After deconstructing the garment and a good wash and dry, I had enough Pendleton wool to make these two pillows.
I know all of you are decorating your homes for Spring, but this winter-loving soul is still playing with wool pillows.
I can't get enough of their warm, cozy feel.
Bring on the cold and snow -- I'm not through with winter, yet.
  I know --- Bah Humbug!!
(Yea! It's snowing as I type.)

I'm linking to:
The Vintage Farmhouse for Creative Things Thursday
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cozy Little House for Tweak It Tuesday
Vintage on a Dime for Welcome Home Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday

13 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I love the old Pendleton plaids. I have a coat that belonged to the grandfather that I should do something with it. Those pillows turned out great...but you can KEEP the winter thoughts to yourself!;>) xo Diana

Ivy and Elephants said...

I can't believe the fabulous shams you made!!! I wouldn't have ever visualized those fabulous pillows from that coat!! Amazing transformation.
I love it!
Hugs,
Patti

Marilyn said...

What did I wake up to this morning? The sound of the snow plow out on the road--the blade pushing the 4-6 inches of snow we were blessed with during the night! Also, trying to get through to clear the ice. That's what I don't like...ice on the road.

Perfect pillows for you!♥♫

Sue said...

love these pillows.....especially the piping...that really makes them...I have so much wool plaid that I really need to do the same thing with....only I'm not smart enough to do the piping..I can do it but it never comes very good. I never know what to do at the ends....
I did find fabulous brown and green toile dishes at the Goodwill the other day...Ofcourse I hesitated to buy them....they were $12.97 for 4....waaaaaaay too much for a GW purchase...

Curtains in My Tree said...

I just love how we recycle everything these days, I think that is why we have so much fun reading blogs to see what the next person has came up with to repaint or redo

I like anything pendleton

Denise Marie said...

What amazing vision U have! Love them.

sweet violets said...

Love the pillows and love that they are recycled......great idea!!!

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

a weather woman after my own heart and as soon as I saw the pic in the linky I knew they were yours

Beautiful! :)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I just love that you made those pillows from Pendleton...and found at GW...brillant!

Donna Wilkes said...

Glad to see how you rescued the Pendleton jacket - the pillows look great!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

The pillows look so cozy. Brilliant transformation.

L'Heure Bleue At Home said...

The pillows look wonderful. The piping is a fabulous detail.

Babs said...

The pillows are amazing and you're so talented to make them from the jacket. When I was little, my mom would remake old clothing. I remember she made me a little navy jacket from my uncle's wool Navy uniform. It had a plaid cotton flannel lining with an inside pocket, and I loved it. Love your Pendleton pillows. Pendleton make really nice fabric and garments. Visiting from Ivy and Elephants.