Saturday, October 19, 2013

KIDS, FLOUR, AND FROSTING!

We might as well inaugurate the new kitchen with kids, flour, and frosting.  It was a real mess!
 The grandkids and I made Halloween mummy cookies --
 And witches hats.
Five years have passed and Caitlin's hair is still not under control in the kitchen -- please, call the kitchen police!  Oh my.
Left - Halloween 2008             Right - Halloween 2013
Such concentration!
Have you made a mess in the kitchen with your favorite goblins  lately?

I'm joining the following parties:
Creative Home Expressions for The Creative Home and Garden Hop Sunday
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
Cedar Hill Ranch for The Scoop Tuesday
Cozy Little House for Tweak it Tuesday
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
The Vintage Farmhouse for Creative Things Thursday
Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
DIY Vintage Chic for Friday's Five Features

10 comments:

Jan said...

Cute cookies! I need to make some of these with my grands soon!

Marilyn said...

I can imagine all the fun you had! I need to make some sugar cookies soon. I actually bought some at the store yesterday for my mom and as always, was disappointed in their flavor. Yuk! There's nothing like homemade cookies.♥♫

Jeannie said...

I'm looking for activities to do with a 3 1/2 yr old this week...he will love making mummy cookies!

bj said...

I can't think of a better way to break in a new kitchen !! :))
Beautiful kitchen, too.

I lost my blog and wanted you to know the new blog's address so you can come visit and follow me....again. I lost 1700 followers:(

bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com
xoxo

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh these look like such fun! I'll have to try it with my little grandson, too. He's a real cookie monster!
Hugs,
Patti

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi how nice to be making cookies for Halloween in your new kitchen and I bet they taste yummy too. I saw it on share your cup.
Julie at julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

Tea in the Library said...

The mummy cookies are a great idea. I'm smacking my head now Arrgh! Why didn't I think of that!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Cooking with little goblins is worth the mess! Love how you transformed a gingerbread cutter into a mummy! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Elaine said...

Those cookies look professionally made to me. How fun to bake with your family. Lots of memories, messy memories!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Best cooking with the kids! I love it! Cute cookies, too!
Blessings,
Susie