Sunday, July 27, 2014

MEETING BJ and MR. SWEET!

As many of you know, meeting a blogger in person is a wonderful, unique experience.  BJ of Sweet Nothings and I go way back in our blogging careers -- 2008 to be exact -- isn't that a long time in the blogging world?

BJ and her husband, Bill, were coming on a trip to Colorado, so we made plans to meet up for a short visit.
In Colorado, we think nothing of driving along on a one-lane road in the mountains; and then come upon a hole in the side of the mountain.  
You will have to go over to BJ's blog, and read her description of what she had to endure to come visit us.
For our part, it was well worth their adventure to find us.
We had such a good time during their short visit -- it was like we had known each other all of our lives.  
Bill (Mr. Sweet) and Bob
The four of us are all about the same age, been married forever, and each have two kids.  As BJ said -- are hair is even the same color and we share the same middle name!
 BJ and Bill -- please come back anytime.  But next time, you may want to try the highway!

PS:  I was so excited to have them visit that I was negligent in taking pictures -- I had to borrow these from BJ.

8 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how fun, I love to read about bloggers getting to meet. Great pictures.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hopped over from BJ's! What fun you must have had! You are both such beautiful ladies through and through! And what a beautiful part of the county you live in! Sweet hugs, Diane

Ivy and Elephants said...

So glad that the two of you got to meet in person!What a party! There are so many people out there who I feel a connection with, what a treat it must be to spend time together!
I'd be honored to spend the day with both of you!
Hugs,
Patti

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally! I did read BJ's post about meeting you and your hubby! Love the snaps and I know it was a fun meeting! Wish I could have been there.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Vee said...

You blessed gals to meet one another. That was quite the adventure BJ and Mr. Sweet had to get to you!

SmilingSally said...

Hi Sally,

You must link in so that others can compare with BJ's account of their trip.

I claim to be an invisible third party in your pictures as I've been blogging (with you two) since 2008, and we've been married 56 years. However, my hair color is (ahem) different!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

How fun that you and Bj got to meet up Sally! You both are such fun people, I bet you hit it off fabulously! Love meeting blog friends. Hopping over to read what Bj had to say.
hugs.
Jann

bj said...

G'morning, dear one,
Thanks for your sweet post on our meeting. It now seems like a dream. I'm hoping next visit can be much longer.
Hope you are feeling better...your trip to Denver sounds great.
xo