Monday, July 25, 2016

WORKSHOP UPDATE

All of the yard work and other summer activities have slowed down the progress in Bob's workshop.  But, he finally finished this step-back cupboard the other day.
It is all made out of pallets and reclaimed barnwood.  It took what seemed like forever to plane down all of the boards.
It is huge at 7 feet tall, and completely finished on the back; so it could be used as a room divider.
The top shelf unit is removable and it has hidden castors in the base for ease in moving.
Lots of storage -- the upper shelves each have plate rails. 
It is currently at the consignment shop for sale.

See that wonderful green tool box in the photo below?  Bob cleaned and polished it up, and sealed that beautiful original green paint finish.  And, he rebuilt the cubby storage units inside --- I loved this box!!!!  It was my favorite of the myriad of tool boxes we own.
Well, I turned my back one day; and Bob thinking we had too many tool boxes on the back porch, hauled it off to the consignment store.  And, of course, it sold right away.
Oh my, so sad am I.  Oh, well.
That's life in the Salmagundi workshop.

I'm joining the following:
Confessions of a Plate Addict for The Scoop Tuesday
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday

5 comments:

srpprcrftr said...

Have to keep eye on these guys as they don't always listen. Glad the green toolbox sold right away anyway. Guess he did too good a job fixing it up huh?
That step back cupboard is absolutely to croon over, so wonderful and what a fantastic job he did on it, looks so professional which your hubs is. Should go for tidy sum, people will be wanting more of them. I'd sure love to have one, would never tire of having/using it. So much lovely storage. Sure you don't want to keep the first one, would be very difficult for me to part with it. Enjoy your week and summer

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

That cabinet is gorgeous Sally! What talent Bob has. He is on my list though. lol! Can't believe he sold that beauty of a tool box out from under you. I was drooling over it!! Yup, I would have nabbed it up in one big hurry!! Glad you will be sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Sandi Magle said...

That's a super cabinet...and I love the back. So much of todays furniture is hideous on the back. I never worried about the backs of old furniture cause they were great for displaying stuff when I had my store. Great job, but I would hold a wake for losing that tool box. Such a gorgeous finish, that should be his next project to duplicate that toolbox. Sandi

Art and Sand said...

What a bummer that the piece sold!

The step back cabinet is absolutely awesome.

Thanks for sharing with SYC.

Sylvia said...

Sally, This is a big piece of furniture and it looks wonderful for one with the room to host it. Congrats to Bob. Sylvia D.