Wednesday, November 22, 2017

TOMORROW IS THANKSGIVING ---- TODAY I'M THE SOU CHEF AND THE PASTRY CHEF

I'm getting ready ---- are you?
I've cut up the bread and a yellow onion for the dressing and a  red onion for the salad --------
Made a pumpkin pie ----
Left the house to go to Sonic for a vanilla diet coke to energize me for the afternoon ----
Made the cherry filling from scratch for the cobbler   ----
The cobbler looks pretty good right out of the oven ( I want some NOW.) ---
I love this old trivet and use it everyday.  It came out of my grandmother's old wood cook stove. 
 It says, "Cook cereals here - will never burn if register is raised."  Lots of Thanksgiving memories from two grandmothers' and one great-grandmothers' kitchens.

OH, yes --  they want supper tonight.  I made taco soup ----

I still need to do some prep work on the potatoes and broccoli and the bacon needs fried to top the broccoli salad ---- it's still early in the afternoon!

I wonder when the REAL chef will show up ---- maybe tomorrow???  Oh, that's right ---- I'm the chef in the Salmagundi household.  Guess I had better get a good night's sleep to be ready for tomorrow's work. 

May your cereals never burn and have a thankful and joyous Thanksgiving with your friends and family.

I'm joining the following:
Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Rattlebridge Farm for Foodie Friday and Everything Else

3 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Looks like you got a good early start. I wish a chef had showed up at our house...I burned the ham and the chocolate chip cookies.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

What a wonderful sou chef you are! I was doing a lot of the same things. Making pie, cutting up bread (with hubbies help), and made the jello. Luckily my son and daughter in law helped out a lot. Yes, your cobbler does look delicious! We finished off the last of our pie today. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Well I can see that you are quite at home in the kitchen! Your family is very lucky. But how can you go wrong with so much family history to inspire you? I remember my grandmother's wood stove so well. Your trivet is wonderful!