Wednesday, December 13, 2017

CHRISTMAS MEMORIES THROUGH A CHARM BRACELET

For Christmas, when I was a first grader, my parents started a charm bracelet for me.  One of the first charms I received were the scissors -- how did they know I would spend every spare moment in my life sewing with scissors by my side?
On Christmases and birthdays, my folks continued to add charms.
The first Christmas we were married, Bob gave me this Christmas wreath.
On my 24th birthday, we bought our first house and he gave me this charm to go with it!  We spent the whole month refinishing floors, painting, etc. getting the house ready to entertain family for Christmas.
The week before Christmas 1966 we moved, sight unseen, to the wilds of Montana.  It has been the only time in 60 Christmases that it has been just the two of us to celebrate without family around.
Over the years, there have been many more milestones documented on the bracelet --- births of the children, grandchildren, and memorable adventures such as the trip we took to Europe to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary.

Yes, my life has been charmed.  God has blessed us abundantly.
And, I'm thankful.


Have a joyous Christmas.
I'm joining Ceceila from My Thrift Store Addiction to celebrate a romantic Christmas, a part of Jann Olsen's "Creating Christmas" series.

2 comments:

My thrift store addiction said...

What a beautiful bracelet as a reminder of treasured memories! Thank you for sharing at Creating Christmas!

Curtains in My Tree said...


LOVE it
I also have a filled charm bracelet from the 1970's on