Thursday, July 5, 2018

FOURTH OF JULY, 2018



 The display above is in our entry way and contains postcards, flags, and memorabilia that belonged to my great grandparents, grandparents and parents.

Our day was filled with quiet --- I spent the day sewing; it was a peaceful way to celebrate my freedom.
There were very few fireworks allowed in our state, none in our small town, due to the wildfires raging in Colorado.
Just a day of prayer for the victims, and thankfulness for those whose property has been spared.

Yesterday, I worked on this little 6" quilt to hold pins for safe keeping that I have inherited from my family.  The family was always politically active in hopes to preserve our freedoms for their descendants.  Pins include a Carrie Nation hatchet pin that was my great-grandmothers, my uncle's WWII dog tag and ribbon, and other political pins worn my father and grandfather.

Hope your Fourth was equally as peaceful and joyful as mine.

I'm joining the following:
Have a Daily Cup for Share your Cup Thursday

2 comments:

Pam said...

Just found your blog. I just love the little quilt piece that holds such special
pins and badges from your family members. So special!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sally, I love your box of inherited trinkets. I can imagine that each one brings you delight!
Glad you had a quiet day. We had lots of fireworks going off. I was a bit surprised because last year we had alot bigger restrictions. the quilt for your pins is darling! I have some patriotic pins that belonged to my step father. I need to do something like this with them. Thanks for the inspiration! And thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann