Thursday, November 15, 2018

RANDOM THOUGHTS ON MY BIRTHDAY

Another milestone birthday has arrived.
Thought #1
Both Bob and I were fortunate to grow up in a close-knit, small town with lots of friends from our pre-school years through high school graduation.
My 4th birthday party
Celebrating another party together
We went through high school with these kids, and still keep in contact and see a lot of them regularly.  One thing about having childhood friends is they always know how old you are!!!
At our last lunch get-together, they gave me this pen --- it's hard to forget your age when it's printed right on a pen.
 Once a Meloneer, always a Meloneer!

Thought #2
I had a younger cousin whose birthday was the day before mine.  We shared a lot of celebrations together.  Then, our daughter, Jenni, was born two days before my birthday.  Naturally, we've shared 46 joint birthdays.  I've never minded sharing --- it takes some of the pressure off the idea of getting older.  But, this year, a family friend sent me half of a birthday card; and said he was sending the other half to Jenni.
 Is that tooooooo much sharing?

Thought #3
I've discovered the REAL fountain of youth --- it's having grandchildren.  My talented granddaughter brought me these flowers she had arranged.  She knows how much I love garden flowers especially combining orange, burgundy, and yellow this time of the year.  
A card from both Caitlin and Wyatt was enclosed with a note about their appreciation.  I was touched; they always make me feel so much younger.

Thought #4



Actually, I am 26 days older than my husband of 60 years.  So, now we are in that period of the year that, on paper at least, it shows me to be a year older.  He will often remind me of the fact.





I can hardly wait until December, when we can be the same age again.

1 comment:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Happy Birthday! It's so wonderful that you still have so many of your childhood friends. That's so rare. They say that longevity is tied to a positivity. I think you have it in spades!