Friday, July 16, 2010

RUST!!

Donna at Funky Junk Interiors
keeps coming up with unusual themes for her Saturday Nite Special party. This week the theme is "Rust". And, of course, I have rust to show off.

This is the biggest hunk of rust in our yard. This grill came with a house that we bought in 1976. That was four houses ago, but it keeps following us around. Not an easy feat as it weighs a ton.

We used to cook the best hamburgers on this grill. It's too rusty, now.

Originally, it was a unit used in public parks.

Here are a couple more things masquerading as garden art (?). This milk can came from my family farm years ago.

I have no idea what this is, but it was in my parent's yard for years and years, and now has been in ours for eons. It's rusty for sure.

Our son, the high school teacher, is spending the summer in Japan living with a family and working in their orchard. Recently, he did a post on his blog,
Saulmon is in Japan
about "Rust". Check it out by clicking here
for some great pictures of rust in Japan.

Be sure to go to Donna's blog, Funky Junk Interiors
for more rusty inspiration.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Make a planter for flowers out of the grill ... what fun this would be.

Pop by for our GIVEAWAY ends Sun.
Have a lovely weekend.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally!! I think we are home for a bit! I hope we are!! My yes, it has been so very warm. I thought I would be getting back to cooler weather when we left camp but it is just hot everywhere it seems!

Oh we would love to see you guys!! Bill and I need to look and plan our August and Sept schedule. We have been so busy traveling and camps that we haven't had time to synchronize or date books yet! I will definitely get back with you soon on September!!

Love your rusty things! Gosh I have so much rust around here I could do a year of posts probably!!! (not all of it is good rust by the way!)

I need to go over to Mike's blog and see what he has been up to!!

Thought of you while we were heading through Pueblo yesterday!

bee blessed
mary

shannon i olson said...

What a great grill, I also love a good rusty milk can, and put one on my rust post too.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Oh my gosh.. that is one killer cool grill! I'd be tempted to derust the top so you could still use it!

And what a coincidence with your son's topic! Rock on, son! You've got great taste. :)

Donna

Amy Chalmers said...

I have one of those rusty little grills too! I sparya painted the legs of it with a grey stone rustoleum but left the main part where the coals go alone..thinking it gets too hot and the paint may peel. It looks great. I love the rusty touches in your yard.

niartist said...

Sally, rust never looked so good! :) Artie

Sue said...

Great grill Sally...I checked out the son's blog...I am looking forward to going back and reading all about his stay....I can't believe peaches sell for $20 a piece in Japan....give President O a few more years in office and we'll be paying that much also...plus tax!
Oh...Miss B's hair is real...mine was a perm.