Saturday, November 3, 2012

ANOTHER WOOL PILLOW

With all of the political stuff  -- to say nothing of the endless baseball and football games -- on TV recently; I've needed some handwork to do in the evenings to keep my sanity.   Bob usually controls the remote!  So, I started another wool applique project for a pillow.  I really didn't intend for it to be a Christmas design, but this is what it ended up to be.
 I used scraps of recycled wool from Goodwill that were left over from previous projects.
 I've been asked if my pillows are for sale; but, sorry no.  I'm terrible at production sewing -- once the prototype is finished, I'm ready to move on to something else.  There aren't any patterns available either --  I just make them up as I go.  For years, I made quilt patterns for publication in books and magazines; and now, that I'm retired from doing that, I don't want to think about if something is patternable, etc. etc. There are some advantages to being old and retired.
Previous wool applique projects can be seen here and here.
I'm off to Goodwill to find a suitable garment to recycle for my next project -- there's still a lot of football (plus, now basketball) on television to endure!

Check out the following blogs for inspiration.  They never disappoint!
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cozy Little House for Tweak It Tuesday
The Vintage Farmhouse for Creative Things Thursday
No Minimalist Here for Thursday Open House
 Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

21 comments:

Holly said...

Wow, Sally, your work is beautiful!!! Thank you (Bob) so much for returning that poster to me! She is one of my favorite artists and it is the closest I'll ever get to owning one of her creations. So lovely to meet you and spend the day together!!

Sue said...

Another wonderful pillow design....love the holly leaves..Hope your weekend is going good...I have to suffer in silence at another Falcons game tomorrow night :(

Sue said...

Okay I am not going to write that all again....Blogger zonked me again not knowing who I am....but you always seem to get the comment so......
nice pillow :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This project turned out great!! So you find wool clothes and reuse them?

Marilyn said...

What a nice way to be a companion during the games! And, the pillow is perfectly lovely. Can't wait to be retired from this school business that keeps me away from my crafts.♥♫

Stephanie said...

This is fabulous! I love it - thanks for sharing :)

Hugs,
Stephanie

Karel Hamilton said...

Hi I'm a new follower just having recently found you through Pinterest. I LOVE these pillows. They are so cool and festive looking. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to your next creation. Have a great day!

Donna said...

I love your pillow! The design is so pretty. You are so right about all the ballgames and politics!
I am your newest follower.
Hugs,
Donna

Babs said...

I'm amazed! Your pillows are gorgeous and I can see why people would want to buy them. I would! They are definitely works of art.
Love your combinations of colors and patterns.
Babs

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi Sally!
Ahhhh....I am in heaven with your wonderful red tartan plaid. Plaids and the color red...It just doesn't get any better than this!
Hugs,
Carolynn xo

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

So Beautiful! I was pretty sure this was going to be yours when I saw the picture.....

Tammy said...

Love them! I am working on some holly berry ornaments for the sale. My colors are limited :( How is your family?

Susan Freeman said...

I love your Christmas pillow ~ it's wonderful! My hubby controls the remote too. I don't mind too much until he starts flipping the channels every few seconds. Women are much less frantic, don't you think?

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

20 North Ora said...

Your Christmas pillow is beautiful! You did a fantastic job. It will be so pretty during the holidays!!

Judy

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally! Oh, I love your sweet Christmasy pillows! Your little holly leaves look great! You're so talented and now you need to go and find that scale! ;)
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

This is nothing less than work of art! You just watch. It's going to turn up on the pages of Pottery Barn! The desogn and colors are so sharp and beautiful. You really have a gift.

Sue said...

I love the plaid on both of these pillows, Sally, and the holly leaves are just so festive for the holidays! I never thought to look at the GW for fabrics to craft. So smart. :-) Sue

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How gorgeous! I love pretty pillows to change the look of a room and these are wonderful!

Sue said...

Hey Sally.....the e-mail stealers are at it again....they sent me an e-mail from you and the virus got into my computer.....it came from the Raspberry Keatone people....don't know if there's anyway you can contact that company but I think it's pretty lousy that they do that.....a long list of blogger names on the list.....

srpprcrftr said...

Your pillows are so pretty and one of a kind. I don't like to make the same things over and over, once I'm done I'm done. I'd get bored out of my gourd if I had to production make them.
It's nice you made one without extra embellishments so they weren't fighting each other, the one with holly leaves etc. is so pretty but so is "plain" one. They really look so pretty together.
Does your hubs hold the remote in his hand all the time also? Mine does. We'll be married 44 yrs. on the 30th. of this month. Congrats on 54.
At least I don't have to suffer thru endless ball games. If hubs watches football I come into my studio and read blogs, chat with all you wonderful ladies. I can't stand the noise of a ball game.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Love it Sally! I am such a fan of tartan plaid. The holly design is gorgeous. You are such a talented gal. I too have never been one to mass produce. Don't know how people can do it. I think I would be pulling my hair out after #3. lol! Thanks for sharing your talent with Share Your Cup.
Hugs,
Jann