Wednesday, January 3, 2018

AFTER THE GLITTER IS GONE - 2018 VERSION

The glitter has been packed away for another year --- most of it anyway!  It's always amazing to me to see a glimmer of glitter on the floor in the month of July; a reminder that Christmas will just be 6 months away again.  
But for now, this:
has been replaced with this touch of winter browns:

It was an enjoyable Christmas.  The grand kids were lots of fun.  They seemed to revert to their little kid ways wriggling and whispering in church plus excited about their presents and what Santa brought in their stockings. They even kept poking at each other, etc. when I tried to get a decent picture of them all grown up.
 and, finally a decent picture ---
 I offered to buy them both a haircut for Christmas, but had no takers.  They are both very independent and don't like for me to mention THE HAIR.  But, I'm their grandmother, after all.

Our son, the teacher/traveler was home for a couple of days. He spent most of his time going to church (3 times in 2 days) and preparing lesson plans for this week's classes before jetting off to Hong Kong for the New Year's long weekend celebrating with other EF tour leaders.
He is back already from a fabulous trip and teaching with jet lag, I'm sure!

I've had a nasty cold/cough --- the perfect excuse to take a nap every day; but looking forward to a great 2018.

May your New Year be filled with blessings.

I'm joining the following:
Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday






3 comments:

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sally, I certainly do love you winter browns! the transferware and bottles are a great combination. We love those grands, even if they don't want a hair cut. I always say, "if that's the worst thing they do, phew!!" Long hair and boy buns are in. :) Sorry that you have a cold! I had one a couple weeks ago and it was a doozey! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Happy 2018 New Year.
Joy

Sylvia said...

Salmagundi, The green and browns are a nice combination. My tree comes down Monday. Thanks for sharing a few photos of your family. Sylvia D.