Wednesday, May 2, 2018

CHERRY BLOSSOMS AND LILACS -- SPRING?

I'm assuming that Spring has arrived in our part of Colorado as our cherry tree and the lilacs are in bloom.  But you never know as it is dreary out and the temperature tonight is to drop into the 30s.

I cut some blossoms just in case Mother Nature decides to change her mind again.
This weekend our town is celebrating the 80th anniversary of "Blossom Festival".  However, it has been known to snow on blossom weekend in the past.  Looking back when our daughter was part of the Blossom Festival Court, it snowed on the Saturday parade; but was beautiful for the Sunday parade.
A favorite picture and memory of Jenni's High School years.
Congratulations to this year's court ---- and may the sun shine on your parade!!!

1 comment:

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Well it's FINALLY spring here!! I just cut my first lilacs yesterday and began filling the house with them. I wish they lasted longer as they are my favorite flower!!